Equipment theft is a growing, costly problem. It costs you in lost revenue, man hours, downtime and missed contract deadlines.
Insurance is not enough. Unfortunately, too many construction companies learn the hard way that their theft insurance is not the complete solution to protecting their bottom line.
The hidden costs of construction theft:
- Vehicle and equipment replacement costs
- Vehicle and equipment rental costs
- Vehicle content replacement costs
- Lost cargo and onboard equipment
- Premium increases and insurance deductibles
- Crew and equipment/vehicle downtime
- Lost revenue
- Potential contract penalties
The facts speak for themselves:
- Industry sources estimate annual losses from heavy equipment theft are as high as $1 billion
- More than 72 percent of equipment owners have experienced equipment theft recently1
- As little as 10 percent of stolen equipment is ever recovered2
1. Construction Equipment Theft Survey conducted by Cygnus Business Media (2005)
2. National Equipment Register
Fight back with LoJack for Construction Equipment. It provides protection for your heavy equipment and vehicles. Using LoJack, police can help get your equipment back fast, keeping you on schedule and within budget.
|TYPICAL EQUIPMENT THEFT VICTIM3
||LOJACK THEFT VICTIM4
|10% recovery rate
||90% recovery rate nationally5
|55% of the recoveries took >1 week
||71% of the recoveries took < 24 hours
|Less than 35% of the equipment recovered is undamaged
||More than 95% of the equipment recovered is undamaged
3. Construction Equipment Theft Survey Conducted by Cygnus Business Media 2005
4. LoJack Theft Study
5. Reflects consolidated LoJack national recovery rate in the U.S.
LoJack is a small, silent Radio Transceiver that is hidden in your construction equipment by a certified LoJack technician. Once installed, the Unit is automatically registered in the LoJack Database, which interfaces with the National Crime Information Computer (NCIC) system used by federal, state and local law enforcement agencies throughout the country.
In the event of a theft, you report the incident to the police, who make a routine entry into the state police crime computer, resulting in a match of the LoJack System's unique code against the state's VIN database. This process automatically triggers the activation of the LoJack system in your construction equipment.
Once your theft is reported to police, law enforcement computers send a signal via the LoJack Radio Tower Network to activate the LoJack in your equipment. When activated, the LoJack Unit begins emitting an inaudible signal that can be tracked by police cars and aviation units that are equipped with LoJack Police Tracking Computers.
The LoJack Police Tracking Computer receives the LoJack Signal and leads the police to your stolen equipment. Unlike GPS systems, which require line-of-sight access to orbiting satellites, LoJack's patented Radio Frequency signal can penetrate forest cover, parking garages and many other obstructions, helping ensure the equipment will be located by police, regardless of where thieves may be hiding it.
Once your equipment is recovered, you will be notified by police. LoJack boasts a 90 percent recovery rate nationally, with many recoveries completed within hours, allowing you and your business to move forward.
All LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery Systems rely on a patented Radio Frequency based technology that uses a special FCC-allocated radio frequency. From ground or air, police can track the silent signal from your LoJack--whether it is in an underground parking facility, in a warehouse or in a container on a ship-and recover your equipment.
LoJack's Solution For Construction is a ruggedized, Silent Transceiver that's randomly hidden in your equipment. LoJack is automatically activated by a routine stolen vehicle police report. Once the LoJack is activated, the police can begin tracking and recovering your stolen equipment.
Three LoJack offerings are available for commercial customers:
- Designed specifically for heavy-duty/off-road equipment
- Self-contained, one-piece unit that allows for easy concealment and mounting location flexibility
- Features a sealed, waterproof enclosure that is water, dust and chemical resistant and meets SAE design standards for heavy-duty vehicles
- Operates with 12V or 24V battery source
LoJack for Trailers
- Designed for SUVs, light trucks, truck tractors and other over-the-road commercial vehicles
- Designed specifically for untethered trailers
- Self-contained with long-life battery--no external power source required
LoJack's new GPS-based asset management system, LoCate, provides professional fleet managers with location on demand, equipment engine hours, geofencing, and reporting data to maximize operational efficiencies.
Limited Parts and Labor Warranty: We warrant that if the LoJack® unit or LoJack® unit with LoJack Early Warning® feature (exclusive of batteries and Early Warning® Key Pass) that is installed in your
vehicle (exclusive of the backup battery system) proves to be defective in material or workmanship within two (2) years from the date of installation we will, at our option, either replace such LoJack®
product or products, or provide without charge the labor and the parts necessary to remedy any such defects at a LoJack®-operated installation center. LoJack’s responsibility is only to replace or repair the
LoJack® products and not for any additional payment, regardless of the nature. For a period of ninety (90) days after installation, LoJack® will provide parts and labor or service to repair or replace any part
of the backup battery system or LoJack Early Warning® Key Pass that proves to be defective in material or workmanship. LoJack Early Warning® Key Pass batteries are not warranted by LoJack®. It is your
responsibility to replace LoJack Early Warning® Key Pass batteries as recommended in your Owner’s Manual.
Limited Recovery Warranty: We warrant that if, within two (2) years from the date of installation of the LoJack® unit, the Purchaser’s vehicle is stolen and not recovered within twenty-four hours from the
time that report of the theft is officially recorded by the law enforcement agency having jurisdiction, LoJack Corporation will pay you an amount equal to the purchase price paid for the LoJack® unit, up to
a maximum of $695 for the LoJack® unit or up to $995 for LoJack Early Warning®. For purposes of this warranty, the price paid does not include any finance, lease, tax or other charges, including dealer
installation charges. This warranty applies only when both the theft of the vehicle and the report of the theft occur within the boundaries of a jurisdiction where the LoJack® System is fully operative at the
time of the theft (see your LoJack® Owner’s Manual, see coverage information at www.lojack.com or call 1-800-4-LOJACK [1-800-456-5225] for updated coverage information). This one-time payment of
an amount equal to the purchase price of the LoJack® products described above shall be the complete and final remedy available to Purchaser in the event of non-recovery of your vehicle within twenty-four
hours after the report of the theft to the law enforcement agency having jurisdiction. In connection with any claim under the LoJack® Limited Recovery Warranty it is the responsibility of the Purchaser to
provide (i) dated/time-stamped proof of report of theft from the appropriate law enforcement agency; (ii) dated proof of purchase of the LoJack® unit; and (iii) confirmation by such law enforcement agency
that the vehicle was not recovered within twenty-four hours following the report.
Conditions, Limitations and Exclusions: The LoJack® products covered by this warranty are permanently installed on the original owner’s vehicle and cannot be transferred to another vehicle. All LoJack®
warranties are limited to the original retail purchaser and are not transferable. Purchaser must comply with all the terms of this warranty. To obtain service under this LoJack® Limited Warranty, you may
contact LoJack’s Customer Service Department at 1-800-4-LOJACK (1-800-456-5225). You must present your vehicle and dated proof of purchase to a LoJack® Installation Technician. LoJack ® products
as to which payment has been made pursuant to any LoJack® Warranty and units and parts that have been replaced become the property of LoJack Corporation and, at the option of LoJack Corporation,
may be removed from Purchaser’s vehicle or deactivated.
Upon recovery of a stolen LoJack®-equipped vehicle, LoJack Corporation requires an inspection of the LoJack® unit and other LoJack ® products to verify working condition and revalidate this warranty. A
LoJack®-equipped vehicle that has been stolen and recovered shall not qualify for the LoJack® Limited Recovery Warranty unless the LoJack ® unit has been inspected and the warranty has been revalidated
by LoJack®. Any LoJack® product that malfunctions after the expiration of the warranty period will be removed or repaired at the owner’s expense.
This warranty does not cover any LoJack® products that may have been installed, removed, serviced or modified by anyone other than an authorized LoJack ® Technician. This warranty does not cover damage
that results from faulty or leaky batteries, accident, misuse, abuse or damage caused by conditions in the vehicle, or improper voltage, or from fire, flood, lightning or other acts of God. This warranty does not
cover the loss of the contents of a vehicle, or any original and/or aftermarket accessory installed or in the vehicle if it is stolen. This warranty shall be null and void if it is determined that the report to the
law enforcement agency of the theft of the LoJack ® -equipped vehicle was false or erroneous. LoJack ® reserves the right to make changes in design and improvements upon its products without assuming
any obligation to install such changes upon any of its products previously manufactured or installed.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, NO OTHER WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, AND LOJACK CORPORATION EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE ON LOJACK ® PRODUCTS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE APPLICABLE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE. IN THE EVENT THAT A LOJACK
® PRODUCT PROVES TO BE
DEFECTIVE IN MATERIAL OR WORKMANSHIP WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD, THE PURCHASER’S SOLE REMEDY SHALL BE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LOJACK CORPORATION
BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INCONVENIENCE OR DAMAGE WHETHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY LOJACK
® PRODUCT, EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that may vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or
do not allow disclaimers of implied warranties or limitations on the duration of implied warranties, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
IMPORTANT FCC NOTICE
The LoJack® Stolen Vehicle Recovery System is a law enforcement tool that transmits information on a Radio Frequency reserved for law enforcement use. The type of radio signal used by LoJack® is currently
classified as “wide band” by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The FCC has mandated that all law enforcement and emergency Radio Frequency users switch from wide band to narrow band
radio transmissions by May 27, 2019. Unless that date is subsequently changed, your LoJack® unit may cease to function on that date. This certificate entitles the holders of LoJack® extended warranty
certificates and the original owners of LoJack®-equipped vehicles to a new, fully warranted, narrow band replacement LoJack® unit for a service fee of $100. Just call 1-800-4-LOJACK (1-800-456-5225)
to arrange for installation.
You may request installation of your replacement LoJack® unit at any time between September 30, 2018, and September 30, 2019.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the condition that this device does not cause harmful interference.
THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY, THE NEW JERSEY DIVISION OF STATE POLICE, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, THE COUNTY AND CITY OF SAN DIEGO, THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES AND THE LOS ANGELES POLICE
DEPARTMENT, THE COUNTY AND CITY OF SAN FRANCISCO AND THE SAN FRANCISCO POLICE DEPARTMENT, THE CITY OF SAN JOSE AND THE SAN JOSE POLICE DEPARTMENT, THE HOUSTON POLICE
DEPARTMENT, THE STATE OF MARYLAND, THE MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE, THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, THE VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE AND THE PARTICIPATING
RHODE ISLAND LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES ARE NOT PARTIES TO THE SALES AGREEMENT RELATING TO THIS PRODUCT AND THEY DO NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, ASSURE OR OTHERWISE MAKE
ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS REGARDING THE USE, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR USE OR OPERATION OF THIS PRODUCT OR THE LOJACK® STOLEN VEHICLE
RECOVERY SYSTEM OR ANY OF THE SYSTEM’S COMPONENT PARTS.
THE NEW YORK STATE POLICE WILL MONITOR THE LOJACK® NETWORK, AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK AND THE NEW YORK STATE POLICE ARE NOT PARTIES TO THE SALES AGREEMENT AND THEY DO
NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, ASSURE OR OTHERWISE MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OPERATION OF THE LOJACK® STOLEN VEHICLE RECOVERY SYSTEM
OR ANY OF ITS COMPONENT PARTS. THE RHODE ISLAND STATE POLICE, WITH STATEWIDE JURISDICTION, AND VARIOUS MUNICIPAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES PARTICIPATE IN THE LOJACK® STOLEN
VEHICLE RECOVERY SYSTEM PURSUANT TO A MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT RENEWED IN 2004.
Shipping & Delivery Terms of Notice and Agreement
Special Note: Please be advised that all shipments and deliveries require the following:
1. Shipping and handling charges are based on the total weight of your order. Oversized or excessively heavy items may have an additional shipping cost. This charge may not be calculated until the order is being prepared. We will notify you if there is an increase in the shipping charge on your order prior to billing and shipping.
2. We ship via Old Dominion, XPO Logistics, Estes, UPS, FedEx, US Postal Service, or Broker Hire Subcontractors in the continental US. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and overseas will have additional shipping costs applied.
3.Please allow around 4-30 business days for delivery of non-back ordered items in the continental US. Please also allow additional time for shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and/or any international orders.
4. Entire orders will be shipped together, when and if possible.
5. Someone MUST be present to receive the delivery and to sign the receipt of goods.
6. It is required that a machine be present with the proper lift capacity to off-load freight as lift-gate service is NOT provided unless otherwise agreed to and paid for in advance.
7. No re-consignments or deliveries to other locations or addresses will be permitted once an order has been placed and the delivery address has been confirmed. In the rare case a client demands this, additional fees will be applied and must be paid in full prior to delivery of goods.
8. It is the client’s responsibility to call the shipping company to arrange a time of delivery. We DO NOT guarantee that any prior-notice call or notice will be given once the order ships.
9. Any non-commercial ship-to-address will incur additional fees. In addition, any other special delivery requests such as Lift-Gate Service, Residential Address, Limited Access, Inside Delivery, Notify/Call Ahead Notice on Delivery, Secure Access, Job site or Construction Site, Farms or remote area deliveries will incur additional fees.
10. It is the client’s responsibility to inspect goods upon their arrival. In the rare case of receiving an item that has been damaged during transit, it is the client’s responsibility to note any and all damage on the Bill of Lading (BOL). We encourage you to take photos to document any damage and to notify Spartan Equipment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Clients will also be responsible for filing a freight claim with the carrier. Spartan Equipment will do everything we can to be an advocate on your behalf and assist in negotiating with the carrier to remedy the situation.
11. In the equally rare case of a lost shipment, please notify us if you have not received your order in a timely manner. Our goal is to stock the majority of items we advertise to sell and meet our client’s needs promptly. If your order has been lost in transit, we will work with the carrier to find it. Please give us up to two weeks to notify the carrier about the issue and to locate your order.
12. Transactions shipped within the state of Maryland are subject to Maryland State Sales Tax. Items picked up at our facility within Maryland MUST be done via appointment only and are also subject to State Sales Tax.