Our Auger Planer | Stump Grinding Bit uses 3 steel tool cutters and a starter tip, which can all be sharpened or replaced throughout its life. You simply position it over your stump and start grinding it away. It has a maximum digging depth capacity of 18 inches. It features guides on the trailing edge of the cutters to assist in eliminating jump back out of the hole. The starter pilot drill tip feeds the Auger planer bit all the way through the stump, so it doesn't overload itself with cutting surface and prevents it from getting stuck. This bit will pay for itself in no time. It will help reduce or eliminate to need for you to hire a specialized contractor for stump removal. An other excellent feature of our Planer | Stump Grinder auger bit is that you can drill all of the way through the stump which is much deeper than a regular grinder is capable of. Most dedicated stump grinders can go 6 - 10" deep into the ground. This bit can also be used in conjunction with auger extensions to assist in drilling further down below grade.
For successful use of the stump planer bit, be sure to enter the stump straight on and not at an angle. Another thing to keep in mind is to not force the bit into the stump, it is best to take your time and let the bit and blades do their job.
Stump Planer Torque Requirements
Your torque output is going to depend on the rating of your auger drive combined with the hydraulic flow of your loader. Please refer to the specs of your auger drive, or consult with the manufacturer, if you're unsure of compatibility with the Spartan Stump Planer.
- 10" Stump Planer Torque Range: 2,700-6,000 Ft. Lbs.
- 14" Stump Planer Torque Range: 3,500-6,000 Ft. Lbs.
- Both models attach to 2." Hex Collar drive output shaft
- Available in 10" and 14" sizes
- Attaches to 2" Hex Collar drive
- Minimum torque: 2,700 ft. lbs.
- Capable of boring up to 18 inches
- Compatible with auger extensions for deeper drilling
- Combine the 10" Planer with the Spartan SE1475 Auger Attachment
- Combine the 14" Planer with the Spartan SE1975 Auger Attachment
Shipping & Delivery Terms of Notice and Agreement
Special Note: Please be advised that all shipments and deliveries require the following:
1. Shipping and handling charges are based on the total weight of your order. Oversized or excessively heavy items may have an additional shipping cost. This charge may not be calculated until the order is being prepared. We will notify you if there is an increase in the shipping charge on your order prior to billing and shipping.
2. We ship via Old Dominion, XPO Logistics, Estes, UPS, FedEx, US Postal Service, or Broker Hire Subcontractors in the continental US. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and overseas will have additional shipping costs applied.
3.Please allow around 4-30 business days for delivery of non-back ordered items in the continental US. Please also allow additional time for shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and/or any international orders.
4. Entire orders will be shipped together, when and if possible.
5. Someone MUST be present to receive the delivery and to sign the receipt of goods.
6. It is required that a machine be present with the proper lift capacity to off-load freight as lift-gate service is NOT provided unless otherwise agreed to and paid for in advance.
7. No re-consignments or deliveries to other locations or addresses will be permitted once an order has been placed and the delivery address has been confirmed. In the rare case a client demands this, additional fees will be applied and must be paid in full prior to delivery of goods.
8. It is the client’s responsibility to call the shipping company to arrange a time of delivery. We DO NOT guarantee that any prior-notice call or notice will be given once the order ships.
9. Any non-commercial ship-to-address will incur additional fees. In addition, any other special delivery requests such as Lift-Gate Service, Residential Address, Limited Access, Inside Delivery, Notify/Call Ahead Notice on Delivery, Secure Access, Job site or Construction Site, Farms or remote area deliveries will incur additional fees.
10. It is the client’s responsibility to inspect goods upon their arrival. In the rare case of receiving an item that has been damaged during transit, it is the client’s responsibility to note any and all damage on the Bill of Lading (BOL). We encourage you to take photos to document any damage and to notify Spartan Equipment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Clients will also be responsible for filing a freight claim with the carrier. Spartan Equipment will do everything we can to be an advocate on your behalf and assist in negotiating with the carrier to remedy the situation.
11. In the equally rare case of a lost shipment, please notify us if you have not received your order in a timely manner. Our goal is to stock the majority of items we advertise to sell and meet our client’s needs promptly. If your order has been lost in transit, we will work with the carrier to find it. Please give us up to two weeks to notify the carrier about the issue and to locate your order.
12. Transactions shipped within the state of Maryland are subject to Maryland State Sales Tax. Items picked up at our facility within Maryland MUST be done via appointment only and are also subject to State Sales Tax.