Shipping & Delivery Terms of Notice and Agreement
Special Note: Please be advised that all shipments and deliveries require the following
1. Shipping and handling charges are based on the total weight of your order. Oversized or excessively heavy items may have an additional shipping cost. This charge may not be calculated until the order is being prepared. We will notify you if there is an increase in the shipping charge on your order prior to billing and shipping.
2. We ship via Old Dominion, XPO Logistics, Estes, UPS, FedEx, US Postal Service or Broker Hire Subcontractors in the continental US. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada and overseas will have additional shipping costs applied.
3. Allow 4‐30 business days for delivery of non‐backordered items in the continental US. Allow additional time for shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada and International Orders.
4. Entire orders will be shipped together if possible.
5. Someone MUST be present to receive delivery and sign receipt on all goods shipped via LTL Ground.
6. It is Required that a machine be present with the proper lift capacity to off‐load freight as lift‐gate service is NOT provided unless otherwise agreed to and paid for in advance.
7. No re‐consignments or deliveries to other locations or address will be permitted once an order has been placed and the delivery address has been confirmed. In the rare case of client demand, additional fees will be applied and must be paid in full prior to delivery of goods.
8. It is the client’s responsibility to call the shipping company to arrange a time of delivery. We DO NOT guarantee that any prior notice call or notice will be given once the order ships.
9. Any Non‐Commercial ship to address will incur additional fees. In addition, any other special delivery requests such as Lift‐gate Service, Residential Address, Limited Access, Inside Delivery, Notify/Call Ahead Notice on Delivery, Secure Access, Jobsite or Construction Site, Farms or remote area deliveries will incur additional fees.
10. It is the client’s responsibility to inspect goods upon arrival. In the rare case of receiving an item that has been damaged during transit, it is the client’s responsibility to note any and all damage on the Bill of Landing (BOL). We encourage you to take photos to document any damage and notify Spartan Equipment and email us at email@example.com. Clients will also be responsible for filing a freight claim with the carrier. Spartan Equipment will do everything we can to be an advocate on your behalf, and assist in negotiating with the carrier to remedy the situation.
11. Once confirmation of delivery has been determined by our carrier, whether client has signed for goods first hand or not; Spartan Equipment shall NOT be responsible for loss or stolen goods. In the new world of porch piracy, this issue has been challenging for all vendors. We encourage our clients to be vigilant and to not delay in receiving goods shipped.
12. In the equally rare case of a lost shipment, please notify us if you have not received your order in a timely manner. Our goal is to stock the majority of items we advertise and sell, and meet our client’s needs promptly. If your order has been lost in transit, we will work with the carrier to find it. Please give us up to three weeks to notify the carrier of the issue and to locate your order. Replacements goods in the event of lost freight shall only be replaced once we have had full and ample opportunity to locate freight with our carrier.
13. Transactions shipped within the State of Maryland are subject to Maryland State Sales Tax. Items picked up at our facility within Maryland MUST be done by appointment only and are also subject to State Sales Tax.