New Attachment Warranty
New Equipment Warranty
All new Spartan Equipment products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship which may cause failure under normal usage and service when used for the purpose intended.
This warranty does not cover replacement of scheduled service items and high wear items. The owner shall rely solely on the warranty, if any, of the respective manufacturers thereof. This warranty does not cover damages resulting from abuse, accidents, alterations, use of the Spartan product as an attachment on any equipment not approved by Spartan Equipment, air flow obstructions, or failure to maintain or use the power plant product according to the instructions applicable to it.
All Spartan Equipment Serial Numbered Professional and Industrial Series Attachments are covered with our twelve-month* New Equipment Warranty. This coverage applies to defects in material and workmanship on all attachment components, except normal wear items. A Spartan Attachment is defined as either being manufactured by Spartan Equipment or having been approved by Spartan engineering and sold by Spartan Equipment.
*Non Serial Numbered Attachments are not covered by any warranty and are sold as is.
Any Economy Series Attachment will carry a 6 Month Warranty.
SPARTAN EQUIPMENT WARRANTIES ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPARTAN EQUIPMENT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGE. SPARTAN EQUIPMENTS’ LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES TO BUYER, RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING SPARTAN EQUIPMENT’S NEGLIGENCE, IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER SUCH DEFECTS ARE DISCOVERABLE OR LATENT, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PARTICULAR PRODUCT WITH RESPECT TO WHICH LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED, OR, AT THE ELECTION OF SPARTAN EQUIPMENT, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF DEFECTIVE OR DAMAGED PRODUCTS.
Travel time and of mechanics and transportation and or shipping fees of the Spartan product to the authorized Spartan dealer for warranty work are the responsibility of the owner. The remedies provided in this warrant are exclusive.
Limited Warranty Coverage
This Limited Warranty is for mechanical breakdown coverage. If any of the parts identified below (the "Covered Parts") break down within the warranty period specified for item sold, customer must within 24 hours of failure contact Spartan Equipment with detailed description of failure. Emailed photos of failure may be required to fulfill warranty claim. Spartan Equipment will repair or replace any such part(s) in our facility or send replacement parts to client to be installed. Only installation or repairs pre-authorized by Spartan Equipment may be considered as a remedy to a warranty claim. NO compensation for labor, time or shipping costs associated with warranty claims will be considered or fulfilled. Spartan Equipment may however, at its sole discretion, elect to accept return of the equipment and provide Customer with a refund, less any damage or repairs needed and less charges for standard daily rental rate for time kept up to seven days from date of delivery. Mechanical breakdown coverage applies to the Covered Parts listed in the following section plus any related labor charges. Certain exclusions may apply (see Exclusions From Coverage section below).
Customer must notify Spartan Equipment of the failure of a Covered Part within the Warranty Period in writing and within 24 hours of failure. Repairs will be made with parts of like kind and quality. It is expressly understood that replacement parts and/or components need not be new, but may be used or rebuilt, which will be guaranteed serviceable. A "breakdown" or "mechanical breakdown" means the failure of any original or like replacement part covered by this Limited Warranty to work as it was designed to work in normal service. However, reduced operation or reduced performance due to normal wear and tear shall not be considered a breakdown within the meaning of this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty does not constitute a written affirmation of fact or promise by Spartan Equipment that the material or workmanship of the equipment, or any parts thereof, are free of any defects or will meet a specified level of performance over a specified period of time.
This is the only express warranty made by Spartan Equipment. ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY. No other warranty of any kind is made unless expressly provided herein. To the extent allowed by applicable law of the State of Maryland, Spartan Equipment shall not be liable for any damages relating to loss of use of the products, loss of time, inconvenience or commercial loss, or any other incidental or consequential damages. All warranties are extended only to the original customer. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE LENGTH OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS ON RELIEF SUCH AS INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Prior written or oral statements, negotiations, communications or representations regarding warranties have been merged into or superseded by this warranty writing, and if not included in this warranty writing, shall not be binding. This is the total agreement for any and all warranties relating to the product warranted hereunder.
Components and Conditions Not Covered
Including but not limited to: Failure resulting from neglect, such as improper operation or use of attachment for purposes other than for which it is expressly designed and or lack of required maintenance.
Including but not limited to: Modification or alteration in any form of attachments (including all components thereof) without obtaining prior and or special approval from Spartan Engineering Department.
Including but not limited to: Failure caused by carelessness or accidents such as improper operation, transportation or storage of the attachment.
Application and/or Environmental Conditions
Including but not limited to: Deteriorated or failed components such as: connections, gaskets, hoses, seals and tube-lines caused by chemicals, falling objects, dirt and sand, excessive heat moisture. Warranty determination for these types of failures will be made by Spartan Service Department, after inspection of failed component.
Including but limited to: Component failure caused by not performing scheduled maintenance and service such as: not maintaining adequate fluid levels in hydraulic/hydrostatic systems and not tightening or replacing loose or missing bolts, nuts, fittings, shields and shrouds.
Such as but not limited to: drive and digging chains, cutting tooth alignment, etc., are considered normal maintenance, and will not be covered under warranty after 30 days of operation.
Maintenance items such as but not limited to: oils, lubricants, chains, pins and bushings are all considered to be normal consumable items and are not warranted. A special consideration will be allowed for fluids lost due to defective parts, such as: broken hydraulic hoses and lines, reservoirs, or tanks if within reason.
Spartan Equipment’s Policy concerning the use of Spartan attachments on non-approved equipment is: "Spartan will not approve of, or be held liable for, the use of Spartan attachments used on units which are not specifically approved by Spartan." The same policy applies to the use of non-approved attachments on Spartan products. "Spartan Equipment will not approve of, or be held liable for, the use of non-approved attachments on Spartan products."
Warranted attachments and the components thereof must be replaced with Spartan approved repair parts. Warranty repair must be done by an authorized Spartan dealer only.
Travel time, if applicable, required for warranty repairs is the sole responsibility of the owner. Spartan Equipment does not pay travel time.
Transportation | Shipping Fees and Expense
Spartan Equipment does not pay for transportation or shipping fees associated with the attachment for repair or replacement of warranted components.
Spartan Equipment does not pay for time required to diagnose a warranty problem. Diagnostic time is affected greatly by the training and expertise of the technician employed to do the job. With proper training of your service personnel diagnostic time should be at a minimum. We are confident that you will assign your best trained/most proficient technician to handle warranty repairs. Due to Spartan Equipment not being in control of on sight diagnostics and because we will diagnose all returned attachments and components free of charge, diagnostic time incurred by customers will not be reimbursed.
Spartan Equipment does not pay for cleaning the attachment or work area before or after the warranty repair. Clean-Up Time is affected primarily by the application or conditions in which the machine is operated and in most cases could be considered a customer expense. Since clean-up time can vary considerably, we do not reimburse for clean-up time and it is not part of the suggested repair time.
Spartan Equipment does not pay for miscellaneous shop supplies or special tools.
Options ordered and not received must be addressed through the District Sales Manager.
This Limited Warranty is between Spartan Equipment and Customer, and applies only to new equipment purchased from Spartan Equipment. This Limited Warranty covers the parts described as follows:
• Main Pump: Case and all internal lubricated parts including: oil pump, valve body, torque converter, vacuum modulator, governor, main shaft, bearings, bushings, it, transmission cover, transmission mounts, cooler, range select lever, dipstick and tube, fasteners for the components listed above.
• Drive Motor: Case and all internal lubricated parts including: main shaft, gear sets, chain and sprockets, bearings, bushings, mounts, fasteners for the components listed above.
• Hydraulic Cylinders: Barrel Welds, Rod Ends, (Internal Seals are NOT covered)
Exclusions From Coverage
This Limited Warranty does not cover or apply to:
• Damage or breakdown caused by collision, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, explosion, or natural disaster.
• Damage or breakdown due to equipment/component abuse, misuse, or alteration.
• Breakdown of aftermarket accessories or non-original equipment, components and systems not installed by the manufacturer (examples include: anti-theft systems, radio/speaker equipment, telephones, or any modifications to original equipment).
• Reduced operation/performance due to normal wear and tear of Covered Parts.
• Preventative maintenance services or parts replacement as suggested by the manufacturer in its maintenance schedule.
• Hydraulic Hoses and Couplers.
Spartan Equipment will not repair or replace any part or item, whether or not it is a Covered Part, unless it is required in conjunction with the repair or replacement of a Covered Part being serviced under this Limited Warranty. In the event a manufacturer's warranty or an extended service plan applies to a Covered Part, coverage under the warranty or plan shall be exhausted prior to being covered by this Limited Warranty.
In the event of a mechanical breakdown, Customer must follow these instructions:
• Unless prior authorization is given, repair or replacement of Covered Parts must be performed in our main facility or one of our manufacturing facilities.
• If a breakdown occurs within the Warranty Period Customer must contact Spartan Equipment immediately by phone 1.888.888.1085 and also provide a written description of failure. Failure to contact us immediately after failure may result in claim rejection. For warranty information or authorizations, Customer must write and call Spartan Equipment at the address and phone number listed on your Buyer's Order.
• Noncompliance with the above requirements will invalidate your ability to submit a claim for repair or replacement or to obtain any other remedy under this warranty.
• Spartan Equipment reserves the right to inspect any failure or part prior to authorization.
• In the event Spartan Equipment elects to accept the return of a sold product, Customer will receive a refund of the purchase price paid less the User Fee and all other costs described in the Buyer's Order which will also include any and all costs of repair for any damage and/or defect required to restore product to like new condition.
• In the event that Spartan Equipment elects to accept the return of a sold product and as part of the original sales transaction, Customer traded in a product and that product has subsequently been sold or otherwise disposed of, Customer agrees to receive the value of that product in the form of a Spartan Equipment company check, except as prohibited by law.