Five Attachments Every Landscaping Business Equipped with a Skid Steer Should Have
Posted by Lee Padgett on 18th Jan 2023
As a landscaping business owner, it’s essential to have the right equipment on hand to tackle any job. Skid steer attachments can be a great addition to your toolbox and can help you get the job done more efficiently.
One of our recent posts covered the basics of what you need to know to launch a landscaping business. Now, we’re going to take a closer look at some of the top skid steer attachments that every landscaping business should have.
An auger is a great tool to have on hand for a variety of landscaping tasks. Whether you’re planting trees, digging postholes, or tilling soil, an auger attachment can make the job much easier. You can also use an auger to break up compacted soil or to dig trenches for irrigation systems.
Augers are tops for:
- Fencing: Installing fence posts is a breeze with a skid steer auger attachment. The auger can quickly and easily dig through even the toughest soil, and the post can be quickly set in place. (Fence installers are also great attachments for this, too, though, but they’re much more specialized and not as versatile as augers.)
- Planting Trees: Planting trees with a skid steer auger attachment is much faster than doing it by hand. The auger can dig the hole quickly and easily, and the tree can be planted in a fraction of the time it would take to do it by hand. Augers can really improve the process efficiency of your landscaping crew if you need to plant a lot of trees or bushes.
- Landscaping: Skid steer auger attachments can be used to quickly and easily dig trenches for irrigation lines, pathways, and more. The auger can also be used to create flower beds and other landscaping features. (A trencher is a good attachment, too.)
2. Skid Steer Bucket Attachments
A skid steer bucket attachment is a must-have for any landscaping business. Buckets can be used for a variety of tasks, such as carrying materials, moving soil, and loading and unloading debris. They can also be used to level the ground, dig trenches, and spread mulch. Here at Spartan Equipment, we carry a wide range of specialized bucket attachments for skid steer loaders, including snow and litter buckets, low-profile buckets, heavy-duty track buckets, and more.
They’re great for:
- Digging: Buckets, especially toothed buckets with cutting edges, are designed for digging and grading. They are great for digging trenches, ditches, and holes. They can also be used to grade soil, gravel, and other materials.
- Material Handling: Skid steer buckets can be used to lift and move materials such as soil, gravel, debris, and other items. They can also be used to scoop up materials and place them in a dump truck or trailer for easy transport.
- Snow Removal: Skid steer buckets can be used to remove snow and ice from sidewalks, driveways, and other surfaces. They can also be used to spread de-icing materials such as salt or sand.
- Landscaping: Skid steer buckets can be used to shape and grade soil, as well as spread mulch and other materials. They are also great for grading and leveling surfaces, such as driveways and parking lots.
3. Tree Spade
A tree spade attachment is an essential tool for any landscaping business. It allows you to quickly and easily transplant mature trees and shrubs with minimal damage to the roots. Tree spades are also great for moving large boulders and other heavy objects.
Tree spade attachments can be great for:
- Transplanting trees: Transplanting trees can be a tricky process, but the skid steer tree spade attachment makes it much easier. The spade allows you to safely dig up the tree and move it to its new location without damaging the roots.
- Moving trees: If you need to move a tree, the skid steer tree spade attachment is the perfect tool. The spade allows you to dig up the tree and move it to its new location without damaging the roots.
- Moving large tree stumps: If you need to move a large tree stump, the skid steer tree spade attachment is the perfect tool. The spade allows you to dig up the stump and move it to its new location without damaging the roots. You may also be able to use them to remove stumps, too, if they’re not too big.
- Construction: The skid steer tree spade attachment can be used for a variety of construction tasks, such as digging and moving large tree stumps.
4. Snow Blower
For landscaping businesses in colder climates, a snow blower attachment is a must-have. It’s a great tool for quickly and easily clearing snow from driveways, sidewalks, and other areas. It can also be used to break up ice and remove debris from paved surfaces.
- Driveway and sidewalk snow removal: Skid steer snow blower attachments are designed to quickly and efficiently clear snow from driveways, sidewalks, and other areas. They’re ideal for clearing snow from large residential areas or commercial parking lots. In the winter, this can afford your landscaping business an additional revenue stream. (Snow pushers are also great attachments for this.)
- Digging out snow: When snow accumulates, a skid steer snow blower attachment can be used to dig out the snow. This is especially helpful if you need to clear a large area quickly.
- Ice removal: Skid steer snow blower attachments can also be used to remove ice from areas. This is perfect for removing ice from driveways, sidewalks, and parking lots.
- Snow blowing: Skid steer snow blower attachments can be used to blow snow away from areas. This is ideal for quickly clearing large areas of snow.
- Snow removal from hard-to-reach areas: Skid steer snow blower attachments are designed to reach hard-to-reach areas, such as around buildings or between trees. This makes them perfect for clearing snow from areas that are difficult to access.
5. Brush Cutter
A brush cutter attachment is a great tool for clearing away overgrown vegetation and brush. It can be used to trim hedges, shrubs, and trees, as well as to clear away weeds and other unwanted vegetation. Brush cutters are also great for clearing away debris and fallen branches.
Brush cutters are also useful for:
- Removing unwanted vegetation: If you have unwanted vegetation, such as trees and shrubs, that need to be removed, a skid steer brush cutter is the perfect tool for the job. It can quickly and easily cut through the vegetation and remove it from the area.
- Controlling weeds and overgrowth: Skid steer brush cutters can help keep weeds and other overgrowth under control. The blades can easily cut through the vegetation and clear it away, allowing you to keep your lawn and landscaping looking neat and tidy.
- Creating firebreaks: Skid steer brush cutters can be used to create firebreaks, which are areas of land that are cleared of vegetation to prevent the spread of wildfires. This is an important tool for firefighters and land managers, as it can help contain and extinguish fires more quickly.
- Creating trails: Skid steer brush cutters can also be used to create trails for hiking, biking, and other recreational activities. The blades can easily cut through the vegetation and create a clear path for people to follow.
While these five skid steer attachments are wildly versatile and have great utility for owners of landscaping businesses, we carry many other attachments that offer similar value and versatility.
Take a look through our collection of skid steer attachments to learn more.
Skid Steer Attachments, Made Right, in America
Spartan Equipment attachments are made in America with pride using American steel, and will Never Surrender. If your landscaping business is in need of new skid steer attachments, ours will never flag. Take a look through our catalog today or get in touch with us at 1-888-888-1085.